- The master branch should be considered a stable working version of the pipeline.
- All development should be made on the dev branch.
- The development branch itself should not be pushed to and instead should be pulled into.
- Development for features, or style should be made to a new branch based off the development branch then pushed to a branch upstream.
- You may make pull requests to master for bug fixes that you replicate in dev
- The branch upstream should then be pulled through the web interface using a pull request.
- You should squash your commits into one commit
- Once thoroughly tested, the development branch should be pulled into master.
git checkout dev
git checkout -b <your name>-<your feature name>
- Do development here.
git push origin <your branch name>
- From the web interface submit a pull request to the development branch